Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ya baby, she's got it...

Yesterday, went home, ate below par Chuy's (no freakin' beans!!!) and listened to music on Youtube. Then, I went to downtown Sac for the Alto 2 sectional. We got a lot covered and memorized a song. Then, our section leader had the brilliant idea of playing a joke on Joe. We went to Headhunters, a gay bar in downtown where Joe (our chorus director) was bartending that night. We stepped in, and the lovely gay men literally surrounded our section leader because she goes there all the time and knows the usual customers. After some chatting, we get Joe's attention and then say:"We have been working on this part for hours." Then we bust out the easiest and most repetitive part of the song Venus (I'm your fire, I'm your desire...) And, the look on Joe's face was classic, he looked like wtf are you guys thinking? oh shit, we are screwed for the chorus. Then we stopped and cracked up and then Joe got the joke. People at the bar were all confused, but I hope we entertained them. Then, I stayed for ten minutes, chatting with my friend. She had a beer, and it smelled good, but I am going to get cheap tacos and beer tonight and it was getting late, so I left. Got home to find Mack on the couch with his Snuggie and evidence he was in a food coma from the burrito I bought him. It was good times yesterday...a good change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment