Monday, April 12, 2010

Scott's Guest House

Very good weekend:

Friday: went to the Davis Feminist Film Festival. Found out that "catered" was you had to pay for stuff, so we went to Guad's before the films started to get a real meal. Had to almost chug a glass of wine before the films started. There were a couple of funny films, a few serious ones, and a few experimental ones that Mackenzie was cringing at. I loved to see him squirm. He said the worst part of those films was the sound, lack of or just bad sounds and music. Of course you are going to have the weird, artsy films, that is part of the experience. I feel cultured. Got home at 10! (gasp! that is my bedtime).

Sat: Got up, hurried to get dressed and pack for Santa Cruz and the wedding that night. Poor Mack was really tired. Finally gave back the tv that was just sitting in our living room. Now our living room looks huge. Went to Chubby's with Mack's parents for lunch. I was amazed that the back living space was fully furnished with a memory foam bed and huge tv. I thought they had just decided to make this a part of their house. But, they told us they are going to have this room as the Scott's Guest House where people can stay a few nights like a hotel, but more like being a guest, with optional breakfast and transportation. They had a business card and a website I looked at last night that is nice. I was very impressed and happy that I did not have to sleep on the blow up mattresses. Brian met us at the house and we went to the wedding reception located in a Masonic area. It was wooded of course, so the whole atmosphere was cultish. The reception building was the perfect size for the amount of people, around 60. The bride showed up two hours late due to dress malfuntions, so the Mack and his friends liquored up the groom to keep his nerves in check. The food was good and beer was good. Met a few new people, danced a little with the big band music. Some great drunk pics were taken. Mack dropped me off because I was tired, but they went to a hotel to take the keg that was not even opened from the wedding. They came back at 2 am. The radio came on when they came in, so I figured it was the drunks who turned it on, but it was actually the dogs that pushed the remote button. I had a good sleep with the nice fireplace looking heater on full blast and comfy bed.

Sunday: Woke up, tried out the shower, and had an awesome breakfast/lunch that made me feel fat even after I did a hard workout later that day. It was pouring but still made it back to Davis in good time. I was a good driver's assistant and texted back people for Mack. Was tired that night and just watched tv and still addicted to my Sudoku.

Today, raining, but not too bad. Will be going to Sac tonight for singing...yikes, the concert is coming up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment