Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trying to be good

Ok, so, for some reason, I suddenly have this itch to really know what is going on in the world and be educated and spend more time on important matters and literature. I think it's good to be educated, and sometimes I feel overwhelmed about world affairs and think there is just too much to learn or keep informed about. But, I got to look at my priorities and change things if I want to be more informed/educated. For instance, I look at a lot of crap throughout the day. TV shows that are entertaining, but have no real value and websites of the same sort. Entertainment is important, but I can also be entertained with better things. I think I'll start looking at the world news more and reading more non-fiction or at least fiction with some value. I'm reading The Help and it is talking about the early '60's South and black and white issues. That is good stuff. The key is to rearrange priorities, so that is what I'll be doing...and see how that works.

Today is windy and rainy, so it's a sleepy day. I'm tired, but at least still awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment