So, big news. Mackenzie got a job at Intel in Folsom starting in Sept! I have a lot to catch up on since I didn't write yesterday...
Friday: Went to Headhunter's in Sacramento for karaoke for a friend's 21st x 2 birthday party. Got a few drinks, sadly Mack didn't get hit on this time. That was so funny last time. I told Mack he is hot shit at this bar, fresh meat. No hooks, except maybe this guy that passed by the table and touched Mack (not really necessary). I made fun of him.
Saturday: went to Folsom to check out apts in case Mack got the job at Intel. Visited some pretty nice places, but a clear winner came out, the Preserves apt. both beautiful inside and outside, next to the preserves nature area, and up against the bike path. Got an idea of how the city was laid out, spread out and up against two lakes and tons of biking paths and tons of parks and shopping. And HILLS!!! So excited! Got home. Went to Sac and carpooled with a friend to another friend's birthday party. His family was there and he has a huge family. We hung out for awhile then went home. Got to see these people I haven't seen in over a year! Old co-workers.
Sunday: I decided to try out a book club in Sac. It was ok, but I prefer a small group of around 4-6 and have the discussion come out naturally. It was more of a questions format. I didn't have much to say. Went to Walmart to take back some clothes I bought for mom. Decided I couldn't do anything, so called a friend and went to see A-Team. Too intense for me since I was still stressed out about whether or not Mack got the job. Then cleaned a little.
Monday: Checked my phone every hour it seemed like for Mack to call about the job. I went to get my nails done after work and it helped get my mind off the job thing. Mack called while I was getting my pedicure for the exciting news about getting the job. Very happy and relieved! I was hyper and did the dance you do when something good happens. So happy Mack gets to finish his phd before he has to start working. Ate, had Clue on the background. Called my parents about the good news and they were happy that we were moving to Folsom instead of San Jose area.
Today: taking Mack out to dinner tonight.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment