It was a long weekend, filled with fun things, so I'll try my best to remember everything...
Friday: Got food at Habit Burger with Mack. Went to Armadillo Music and asked the people for bands like Stray Cats, I told them I like rockabilly, and they came up with a compilation which is good so far. Mack was scary, he was tired and mad that I took people's music suggestions when he tries to suggest things for me. I have a habit of rebelling against Mack's ideas. Worked out.
Saturday: Big shopping day. Went to Vacaville and hit up Old Navy. Apparently there was a massive sale, and got some cheap lounge clothes and the line was at least 20 people long for checking out. Went to Kohls for their sale. Ended up buying a lot of the bras I like. Went home, chilled (literally) for a bit since my car gets me hot without the A/C. Mack and I went to Natomas to pick up his nice pants at The Men's Warehouse. Went to Target and bought a broom and card for Father's Day. I picked up the perfect card for dad. Went to Petco at Davis. The ASPCA was there, so saw dogs and cats who needed homes. Bought the basics for our future kitteh: bed, litter box, food, and carrier. (Turns out I called my sis and she said we'll get the kitty closer to July 4th since they are still being weaned from the mama cat). We cleaned a bit and placed the litter box and bed in good areas of the apt. Tired after all that and relaxed.
Sunday: Got up early to get ready and packed my car for camping. Some co-workers and I camped in Truckee one night and planned on river rafting down the Truckee River. More on that later...Picked up a person, and followed another car. The drive was not too bad. Once we got to the hills, the air was much cooler and it felt great. Went to Save Mart to pick up some items. I found the retro bags. I thought the Smacks frog bag was cute, so I bought that one. My coworkers made a big deal that it was ugly, not in my opinion. Yay! I was happy to get a retro bag! Now I have Frosted Flakes and Apple Jacks to eat. Scarfed down a sandwich. Set up camp. Our spot we had reserved was crappy, no shade, so we found an open spot at the river and got that one with shade. Turns out the tent bag did not have the poles, so we had to be creative and bought rope and put up the tent that way. It worked, just a bit saggy. That was funny to watch. We hit up the Fifty Fifty brewery and had some samples of beer. Then, went back. I felt very tired, and went to bed. The tent was very uncomfortable. I had to sleep on my back the whole time.
Monday: Woke up with an earache. Got somewhat dressed. The person meeting us for river rafting (would drive from Davis) texted us that a nearby river was too dangerous, we tried to call but nothing, so we told the person we can't go rafting. We drove past the rafting place and it was closed. We drove to Lake Tahoe and went on the beach. The sun was killing me and the other people wanted to stay, so I took off. Driving down the hills, my car was on fire...I barely pushed the accelerator and I took off with speed. Went to two McDonald's. First before I set off to get a diet coke. Then, stopped in Colfax to fill up on gas and got another diet coke. Good times. Got home, cooled off. Got clean, went to chorus. Had fun and also learned things. I like the new director still, good sign! Got the River Cats tickets for people.
Tuesday: Mostly relaxing fun day. Woke up early, read, got ready. Went to hit up stores early. Visited the vet to schedule and appointment (which I had to cancel later that day due to talking to my sister about the kittens), went to CVS. Went to Borders (got some awesome books), got my nails done. went to the library (got music and cat book) went to Verison Wireless to get my new LG Envy phone (keyboard!!!). Went home all excited. Got less excited when the massage place called and said I had to reschedule. Boo! Got pizza, went on a walk with Mack. Bought a slushy from some kids (yay!), and swept the porch and did some snooty talk with Mack (talked about some classic literature, music, etc.) I told him that I would have a tea time when he starts working that we need to be more classy (not immature). Kinda like The Finer Things Club in The Office where Pam, Oscar, and Toby discuss the finer things over awesome food at work. Very exclusive and classy. Muyess, muyess. Then chilled and ate more pizza.
Now to the title of the post...
Today: It was hilarious. A co-worker warned me not to use the middle stall in the bathroom. My curiosity got the best of me and I looked. Bad idea! I will now call this toilet the Toilet of Doom. It was the same stall that had the Cloak of Doom a few months ago. Love it. Wearing a skirt today due to eating too much pizza and I needed a stretchy waistband.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment