Monday, June 8, 2009

Sweet

So, mondays are always a downer, but this just made my day. I know it's wrong, but I couldn't stop laughing:

Brett Michaels Gets Beheaded

Weekend:

Friday: I went to see Up with Mackenzie. What a great movie and movie-watching experience! I say the experience was great because this kid made a really funny comment, but he didn't mean it to be funny. He's just a kid. Everyone heard him. The scene of the movie involved a very elderly women in bed at a hospital. The kid asked: "is she having a baby?" Most of the audience laughed. It was a sad time in the movie, she was dying. But that comment was just too good to pass up. Thanks kid for an awesome time! At least he didn't disturb us again, but I'm sure he would have made us laugh!

Saturday: I got up early. 6:30. I wanted to get up by at least 8 so that was a good thing. I got my nails done. That took an hour. I finally went to Kragen (?) Auto Parts to de-squeak my steering wheel. I needed to drive that day. Mel met me up and we drove to Fairfield to the Texas Roadhouse for the bookclub. There were about 7 of us, but it was fun talking. I was too excited to eat, so I had a very small salad and part of Donna's brownie. Yum! I found out that Jennifer, the organizer used to have another woman's group, but someone took that over so it sounded like drama and it broke her heart. She has the book club group and a woman's group and she is frustrated that not a lot of people are showing up who RSVPed. That is annoying. You should call or say you can't come at that point. It does take a long time to get people to go and it is hard to get a lot going, but I hope she keeps that group. Mel and I went to Costco, I got a ton of Diet Dr. Pepper. Went to evil Walmart to return my mom's clothes and get underwear. It took us a long time to get out and we were joking that it was evil and trying to keep us there. Think Southpark episode. Then we went home. I read over my tutoring things and planned the first day with many options for her to choose. Mackenzie wanted to play, but I ignored him. Poor Mackenzie.

Sunday: The Sacramento Women's Chorus Retreat! Had great food, nice chats, learned a lot about the organization, and went swimming! I brought back a slice of awesome lemon cake! Worked out more, high resistance on the elliptical and that made me starving! Eggs and toast and Eagle Eye and bed!

Now: I just passed out my first business cards for the Sacramento Women's chorus. Yay! I'm hyper! I'll try to keep you up to date on awesome videos I see...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While searching for those Tang commercials with the orangatang on youtube, I got this hit and it's just creepy.

WTF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something of Importance:

Here's a new easy way to raise money for your favorite cause. Just start using Yahoo! powered GoodSearch.com as your search engine and they'll donate about a penny to your favorite cause every time you do a search!

In addition, do all of your shopping through their online shopping mall, GoodShop.com, where you can shop at more than 900 top online retailers and a percentage of your purchases will go to the charity or school of your choice. You pay the same price as you normally would, but a donation goes to your cause!

Here's the web site — http://www.goodsearch.com. You can also read about GoodSearch in the NY Times, Oprah Magazine, CNN, ABC News and the Wall Street Journal.


PLEASE TYPE IN SACRAMENTO WOMEN'S CHORUS as the charity. This will help us!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the Davis Branch Library for the book sale on Friday and bought $19 worth of books. Then, I went back on Saturday, and bought $13 worth of books. They must love me! I kept seeing some really good books, so I had to get them! I love the book sales!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert: Dumpster Diving season has started! I saw two chairs new my dumpster, but not that good. But, that reminded me that it is that time to start looking for some goods. Gonna be biking around a lot this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment