Thursday, January 21, 2010

This Makes Me Sick!

This is a separate posting to state how made I am at the UC system.

To start with, today is an article about how the upper execs in the Med Center are getting incentives (bonuses):

I got spit on

I tell Mack every week I find out something new that makes me disgusted with the UCs.

We have to go on furlough or Start program, which I am getting a reduced wage each month for a day off. Ok, day off is nice, but really, I can't get much more lower a wage. I have loans to pay off. If I were to have this job for my whole life, I would maybe have $10 in savings. I mean, I just live month to month on my paycheck. This is not something I want to do for much longer. Very glad to have this job, don't get me wrong, but it's just not cool for much longer than a few years.

So, I overheard certain people in the law library getting raises...which they get every year but since we are getting cuts, I think it is inappropriate.

I see buildings going up all the time on campus, hence Under Construction Daily (UCD). Makes me sick, though as a student I loved it, as a barely paid employee, makes me mad. They put their money in certain things, and it's just wrong.

The housing that was supposed to be for faculty/staff is only affordable for faculty.

I'm sure I'll think of the other things that make me mad and I'm sure I'll learn more in the next weeks. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Again, not dissing my job...love it, love the people. But things upset me and others and just had to get this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment