Exciting and extra long weekend.
Thursday: Took a half day at work. My dad came over to drop off a van full of boxes and bags full of my old stuff as a kid. Found my soccer Popple, a few other stuffed animals, photos of yore, TONS of books, mostly kiddie books that I am keeping, and clothes which I got rid of. So, Thursday, after we took that stuff out of the van, went to In and Out with my dad for tasty burgers. Dad went home. Mack and I went to the Sac airport to pick up Mack's engineering buddy. Then, we went to Petco for a few items, including a scratching post/cat condo thing, pee stray, and toys. We went home and I put on a movie while going through all my bags and boxes to see what to keep, what to toss and what to donate. Oh, and to add more pressure to me, I had to get this done by Friday (then tomorrow) due to getting a cat (so place needed to be clean) and having an interested person to take over our apartment to look at our place, so needed to be clean. I flew through the bags and boxes at an amazing pace. Went through two and a half movies while doing so. Yes, uncovered my Soccer Popple, Cabbage Patch kid (but not Lai-lai) and other nostalgic items.
Friday: Went to The Goodwill to donate the 9 bags. The guy working there was so unresponsive to my questions and need of help. Wow, what a winner! Oh well, got rid of my bags. Went to Walmart for some batteries and other stuff so I could use my camera to take pics of the new cat. Got home, Mack cleaned a lot, cleaned the floors and bathroom, so everything was ready for the person and cat. I went to gas up and apparently the person stopped by while I was gone. Waited on Sara's call to meet her at the Target parking lot in Vallejo. I had prepared my car for the kitteh that morning. Mack and I went and met my sister. Poor Momo was scared. Took a ton of pics which will be posted shortly. We got home and she came out of the carrier after a while and hid under my dresser for about 6 hours. At first I just kinda hung around coaxing her. Then, I watched a movie and did my thing. She finally came out and was very timid and found another hiding spot under the bed.
Saturday: That morning, I was glad to see Momo pee in her carrier that I placed in the living room that had newspapers in it. I then placed those soiled papers in her liter box and put the liter box where the carrier was and put the carrier way up high so she couldn't be tempted to pee in it again. Mack had shown her to dig in the litter box. She ate and I later saw her go pee in the liter box. yay! I went to my book club in Vacaville. Had fun talking, went to lunch for two hours! wow, went shopping for a while. So hot! Went home to play with Momo. We saw her poo in the litter box and got really happy about that. She seemed much more accustomed to us and the apt. She has been exploring and started to mark her territory by rubbing us.
Sunday: Slept in! Played with Momo more. Mack and I went to Petco to buy shampoo, flea comb, and another toy. We gave Momo a bath in the kitchen sink to help with her fleas. Poor Momo was struggling a bit when we gave her a bath and she meowed, but she did pretty well. We saw a few dead fleas in the water, so we were hoping that her flea problem was almost taken care of. She got dry and ran around a bit, then started to sleep on Mack's lap. Mack started to comb her, and saw a few fleas. That is when the major flea combing occurred. Mack brought out a cup of hot water and paper towels and I had Momo sit on my lap while she was resting and I combed her for fleas. I found flea after flea like crazy. I would see the fleas on the comb and give it to Mack to dunk in the water and take off the flea. I had Mack put on a movie while we did this for over an hour. We finally did not see that many fleas after that time and she woke up, so we stopped the flea madness. Mack went to school and I worked out and hung out with Momo. Mack came home and started up doing the flea killing again. The first time, we found 20-something fleas. The second time, Mack killed 15. Later that night, Mack tried again and killed about 8. Still more to get rid of I'm sure. We need to vacuum because a few jumped off the comb. I'm sure Momo is less itchy and loves us for that. She peed in a corner, so she still needs to be potty trained. Caught her almost peeing in her corner this morning, but put her in her litter box and she went there. Yes, we are like parents to this cat. She's my baby! She's been stalking our toes sometimes, so I have to watch out for that. She is adventurous and quite a mouser by her attacking her toys. Oh, she is gray with black stripes and black spots on her tummy. She cute :)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment