Monday, August 2, 2010

Good News/Bad News

Ok, Mack just told me some bad news. His parents have to put Lena to sleep :(. Lena has been in some pain, been given pain killers and still not doing good. She is pretty old for a Boxer, so she had a good, long life. It's always sad to hear about pets dying.

Good news is the whole weekend:

Friday: went to The Grad after work for Mel's bday/happy hour. We had a lot of beer and had very happy times playing pool and trying to line dance. Perhaps made a new friend as Mack, Mel and I crashed his friend's party. But he was happy to see us and hey, he told us about the party and gave us the address. The party had good bbq chicken and other foods. Good times. It had been a long time since I've been to a house party and just partied in general. We are getting old you know :)

Saturday: a bit hung over, took drugs and had water and took off for SF with work buddies. Such good weather they were having! Went to the Ferry Building and had food and walked to Pier 39 and found several fun things to buy. We even went on the carousel! It was nice to walk and be outside most of the day. We went to get food at the mall and that was quality food there! Went home and got home at 10. Good day!

Sunday: Went to Folsom. Grabbed lunch at an Italian place, very good pizza! Mack and I went a bit roundabout at a few apts., but finally decided on The Preserves at Blue Ravine, our first choice in apts. The only thing was that we got a second floor 3 bedroom. We wanted bottom level, but this is still good. The apt. is located near the back of the complex and right against the nice bike/walk trail at the Nature Preserves. What a great location! And yay, a nice balcony overlooking the parking lot, but has lots of trees and we are not looking at the road! I am very excited about moving! I am pretty good at change, but more will change when I get a job closer to Folsom. Will be commuting for a while...Got home, cleaned a bit. Just something funny. Mackenzie said "kibbles and bits and bits and..." from that old commercial. I cracked up. It's the small things in life that make me laugh. :)

Very glad that Mack cleaned so that we can try to get rid of this Davis apt. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment