Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spring fever-along its way...

I just now feel the very start of Spring fever coming to me. It hasn't hit me with a "pow" yet, but it will. I was sick most of the weekend and I know it was nice yesterday, so I am just realizing it's starting to be spring. I'm not convinced yet of spring being here, I think that it will be another few weeks until it really hits. When the time change comes, I will be going crazy for sure! It will be hard to contain myself. I'm like a bear. I hibernate in the winter and go crazy in the spring. Then, until about late Oct, I am very active and restless.

I have a lot of catching up to do, since I didn't even write on Thurs. But, I think I can pretty much sum that "mad and bitter" up to saying this: These past two weeks, every day there has been something depressing in the news about cutting back hours and people from libraries, either public or academic. Woodland now has less hours and people. The UCs are cutting back hours and people (my friends from the med center library are going to have a list of lay offs and they already have reduced hours of operation). No one cares about the libraries and we are the first to get cut. Libraries are important and it makes me sad and angry to see them getting cut back. I am starting to regret going into this profession. I have yet to get a real librarian job and know of others like me working as assistants or UPS or bookstores. I figured that a masters would mean something, but apparently we need experience when getting a job and that will happen when? When I get a job. I'm hoping future people will see this job as experience, but really, do you really need that much experience? Shit, I feel like I have experience dealing with a variety of personalities now, so I think that would be the hard part of a librarian job. Sure, questions can be hard, but you can always look things up or think how you would look it up. Just get to know the databases and websites and you would get to know the common questions people have. Not too bad. Ok, so ya, I was sick of hearing about libraries cutting hours and cutting people and how UC's treat the staff. That's it. Ha! That's it...it's a big thing.

Weekend:

Friday: Day at work was good, had a potluck and the afternoon was tolerable. Went home and ate and watched tv and worked out.

Sat: got up early, but was good because I re-read most the book for the book club discussion. Had a great discussion at an awesome Mexican food place in Vacaville. Went to Joann's and Kohls'. While at Kohls' I was getting really tired, I called Mack and could barely talk, so that was a bad sign. I thought I just needed caffeine. No. I was on the couch, really tired and watching tv the rest of the day.

Sunday: couch, read, tv, games, bed, movies, good steak Mack made.

Monday: went outside to pick up Chinese food. ate, couch, games, tv, bed, movies.

Ya, so I was sick, exhausted and achy. Now, much better, just in time for work, oh boy! Why do I get sick during the nice long weekends and holidays? It's lame!

I almost rode my bike today. I will be doing that in a few weeks. I had to defrost the car, so it is still too early for biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment