Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blaisdell Reunion

I am finally posting in my blog. I actually forgot about it. But, after work yesterday, I visited my old co-workers after a long time of not seeing them. It was fun, we caught up. Then they said they missed reading my blogs, since one of them was cracking up about remembering reading my blog. So here it is!

I feel the pressure now to be funny. Oh well, maybe it will be since I might have something to say.

So, since the Honeymoon in the Big Island, I have been still insanely busy. I came back to the Sacramento Women's Chorus after a much needed break. I was on leave since late April. First of all, my Buick died on me. Mac bought me a beautiful red Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 2011 at the Roseville Auto Mall. It's a hatchback and it has a GPS with a DVD/CD player and I hook up my Ipod to it, so I have a full on entertainment center. I watch tv while waiting to go into work. I get to the parking structure early and watch tv. It helps me wake up and I don't like wasting my time being early to work. Anyway, my car's name is Wendy, since I thought of that Office episode where Michael wants to have people get him a date, and one person gave him Wendy's number and it turned out to be Wendy's the fast food place. Anyway, since the car is red and so beautiful, it's Wendy, the fiery redhead. Another reason to go on leave from chorus, just way too much going on with planning the wedding. I was pretty insane and needed all the extra time possible. I got a nice welcome back to the chorus and all was well. I met a few new people my age, which is always nice. So, been enjoying my Monday nights with chorus, and now I will be going to the library to visit and to read for my class.

Ok, class. I am taking an Early Childhood Education class. I received some money from my Japanese Grandma (yay, I have a grandma) and put it to good use. I wanted to either take a computer class or ECE class. This class works best with my schedule, so I am taking this one. It's Tuesday nights, so I stay in Davis for it. It's at Sacramento City College, the Davis center, close to campus. After work, I get off at 3 Tues-Friday, so I get dinner in town, then go to the library to study or watch tv on my netbook. The class is at night. I've been enjoying the class and it's not too hard, but it gets my brain working.

Next that is new, we got a new cat after the holidays! His name is Mozart, he is 9 months and an orange tabby. He is a lap cat and so lovable. We wanted a cat for Momo to play with and have as company. I'm so happy to have gotten such a nice kitteh. They get along mostly, but he tends to annoy Momo, who loves to be independent. New babehs are always good.

What else...been making my family photo albums of the wedding for a Christmas gift. Been taking a while since I got the flu a few weeks back, but almost done with them! When I got the flu mid-Jan, Mari happened to be coming up to visit. It was great, so made me food and basically took care of me while I was horribly sick.

Went to a few friend's birthday parties and had fun. Been hanging out more with friends, which I find more time for. I visited my friend HJ who visited from Korea. She is leaving soon, but was so nice to see her! My good friend is back from Japan, and was so glad to have her back in the area! She really is a good friend.

What else? So far, that is a lot of new things going on! I've been freshening up on my American History whenever I get the chance since I am planning on being certified to be a tutor. I want to be certified on several subjects and have that as a side gig. I've been looking for a new job with more responsibilities. I mean, come on, I can blog at work. I need something that will use my brain a bit more (hence the class) and just more work and closer to home since I commute 45 min. a day, luckily missing the traffic. It's time for something new.

What else? I'm on the Membership and Fundraising Teams for my chorus. Not that much to do, but enough to get involved. I have several meetup groups I'm involved in, but haven't had the time to really do much with those.

Time seems to go at a crazy speed now even though I make the most of my time and energy. I'm always on the go and so busy. I can't believe my wedding has come and gone so quickly! I make sure to plan things out so I don't miss anything.

Final words, I'm going to the Garlic Festival this year, damn it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment