Ok, I need to admit something, to those who read my blog...
I didn't post a lot because I wanted to post about my getting an engagement ring and getting a proposal.
Mackenzie and I are engaged!!!
Ok, let's start earlier this month...
On 10-10-10, Mackenzie and I went to the Shane Co. in Roseville (across from the Automall-we know this because we were brainwashed by those Shane Co. commercials on the radio. In fact, the people there asked where we heard of Shane Co. and we told them it was the radio commercials and they nodded and smiled and told us most people say they heard from them by the radio-we also heard great things about them.
When we got into the store, we were amazed at how nice the place was. We were nervous. I stepped up and told them we are there for an engagement ring. I had to say it because Mackenzie CHOKED. He might tell you otherwise, but that's my side of the story. But, when the man brought out the lady and she asked us what we were shopping for, Mack was the one who told her we were looking for an engagement ring. I was so overwhelmed when she asked me what shape of diamond I wanted. I told her I didn't know, then started to look at bands, and kept saying, I have no idea what I like. Then, I told her I knew what I didn't like. That was a start. Then, I told her, I wanted a round diamond. I was warming up to the bands. I started to notice a few I liked. One was just so beautiful that I couldn't keep my eyes off it. It had nice side detail. I had a winner. I looked at all the bands, and didn't like how I could see all that metal in a ring I looked at. That was funny, that statement will be remembered. I liked the bling ones. My ring is very sparkly with lots of diamonds. It even glows blue in black lights. It cost Mack a pretty penny. We got educated in diamonds and it was so fun to look at the diamonds through the magnifying glass. It was a very good day. :)
Flash forward to last night. Now, we both had no intention for last night to be the special night. Mack and I were talking about Thanksgiving and how we should announce we were engaged at that time with the family. I started to talk about some ideas and Mack told me to stop, since it should be a surprise. I could tell Mack was stressed, so I finally got up and looked for the ring. I was like, where is it? Mack said, ok let's do this. He said I have a gift for you and you can look around the apt. and find it. It didn't take me long time find. The bag was in his closet. He got down on one knee and asked if I will marry him. Yes, and he put it on me. I was excited, and danced around. Mack was feeling better about that being "over with". Now we can tell his parents and grandparents when we go to Tahoe this weekend!
Mack and I went to Santa Cruz a few weekends ago, and he told his mom that he bought me a ring. I was in bed at this p0int. His mom got upset and asked him why he didn't get a ring from Tiffany. She used to work there and we think she got brainwashed into thinking they have the best rings. After awhile, she calmed down and told him she was happy for us. She's funny.
Ok, just excited today. Woo!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment