Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend with the Mother-in-Law!

Friday at work, I got a text from Mari if she could come over. I love having her! Means awesome food, but not good for my diet.

Mac made pasta and we drank wine. Hung out with Mari a bit before I went to bed (always early since I get up so early).

Woke up at a horrifyingly early time (6am). Made myself coffee and watched tv before peoples woke up. I got bored though waiting for people to get up. Mac and I decided to go hiking in the Auburn State recreational Area. We had no idea the parking was extremely limited (only 3 cars could park at the trail head we went to). The parking was full the first time we looked, so we tried for another trail head, but that lead us down a scary, unpaved dirt road, like from out of a horror film. We checked back and lucked out with a parking spot. The hike was nicely shaded for 90 percent of the time. We went down a steep trail at the last part and going back up was very difficult. We were so tired after that part, but were glad the rest of the part was mostly flat. We hiked around 6 miles.

We got back, starving and tired. Had awesome food that Mari made with all the fixings. So happy about that. Went to bed early as usual.

I got up early, had my coffee, but was even more bored this morning and wanted Mac up, so I bugged him a lot. Mari took off, leaving Mac and I to ponder what to do the rest of the day. I wanted to go outside, but do nothing too physical. We picked up Evil Dead the Musical tickets at the Sutter Street Theater for this coming Friday. We also picked up a hiking guide to the surrounding area since the info we got from a website was horrible. Went home, passed out for a bit. Did laundry, cleaned. Had awesome left overs. Worked out since I ate a lot. It was a good day but very tired and boring.

Today, not excited about staying at work an extra hour to make up time. But, excited to go back to chorus tonight! It's been since late March the last time I went. I bet I will sound horrible. People will be happy for me to be back! Mondays will be hard since I stay in Davis or Sac til 6:30 then chorus til 8:45. Basically, get home and go straight to bed. I do shopping at Target or just hang out and read to pass the time and get subway :) cheap dinner.

This weekend will be another nice one, so hopefully go hiking in the area with our new guidebook. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment