Monday, April 18, 2011

At your request

I have not blogged in a long time, mostly due to wedding planning and other stress.

So, my car is pretty much dead. I would never drive that car on the freeway. It needs a new radiator so if it overheats, it's screwed. Mac is driving it to work and I'm taking Mac's car. Hopefully, we can get a new car. RIP Louie! (my 1991 Buick Century).

Speaking of RIP, poor Leo has to be put down today. He is an ancient dog, so it was just a matter of time. Still sad. He had a good life. I remember the time I sat on the couch and right when Mac left, Leo pinned me down and started licking my face. I couldn't get up. Crazy boy!

Back to the car thing, since I need to share cars with Mac and also due to just too much for gas, I have decided to take a leave of absence from chorus. There is an upcoming concert, but since I've missed so much rehearsal and since I will miss more, I will have to just not be in the chorus for at least until after my wedding. It's just too much waiting around and gas money. I need to call them, hopefully they understand.

Wow, lots of stuff that is happening. Going to a friend's wedding in LA memorial day weekend. It is a pricey vacation for sure. If I knew about the car thing, I might have just gone down for the wedding and miss a day of work. Bad timing I think, but it will be fun.

My own wedding: we have a venue, dress, dj, cake, florist, photographer, hair stylist, and potential caterer. Still need other things. So much to do, I'm too overwhelmed.

ON TOP OF THE WEDDING PLANNING: I am looking for a new job. Already may have an interview. It is for a library position in Placerville. I am sick of driving and the gas prices are making me sick. Plus, my poor car dying is just putting a ton of stress on me.

So, with all the stress, I have been needing a lot of happy hours. Got a new beautiful bike (I need to show pictures) so Mac and I go out when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment